The most traditional simple, creamy hummus is made using just a handful of ingredients (chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and salt). If you're short on tahini or just want to try a new take on classic hummus, pistachio butter is a perfect swap!
The nut butter has a similar consistency to tahini, so no additional blending or processing is needed, and while sesame seeds have a different flavor profile than pistachios, they both have an earthy, nutty, and delicate taste.
To make your Pistachio Butter Hummus follow this quick recipe:
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (reserve liquid from can)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Pistachio Butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- A handful of pistachios for crunchy topping
- Add chickpeas, garlic, parsley (optional), pistachio butter, lemon juice, and olive oil to the container of a food processor.
- Process mixture, adding just enough reserved liquid from the chickpeas, to create a smooth, creamy texture. Slowly add the olive oil while pureeing.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired (optional) and pistachios for a crunchy topping.
- Makes 8 servings (1/4-cup each).
- Serve delightfully with pita bread and veggies.